Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Jogoya (Starhill)

Last Sunday, I went to Bkt Bintang area with Col for lunch, gym, dinner & shopping. We go Jogoya to make reservation as Col will has his family day on the 25th (birthday?) We came across that there was another promotion goin on Monday & Tuesday for Std Chart Credit Card member only where 50% off on all day (lunch,late lunch,dinner,supper) This was the first time I ever heard of it as normally they only do promotion for ladies 50% but only during weekday & not valid for dinner & supper. Of coz they having that “ladies” promo going on now too.

Col was kinda shock when I said I have Std Char Credit card ?_? as it is not common, I told him I've almost all Banks card except Citibank (cancelled) which I have bad experience with it. I'm so excited (I dint dine in Jogoya b4) so I called up Cho, Jus, Joh & Edm but none of them can confirm with me nor not free, Col call up his sis & friend too but we getting the same response. So we end up bookin reservation for 2pax on Tuesday for dinner session. I don't wan to book for extra later none show out, beside that the receptionist told us we can add in extra ppl later on.

On Tuesday morning I reconfirm with Cho, Joh & Jus and they confirm goin, Col side he say he has extra 3pax too, so we call up Jogoya to increase our number of guests. To our disappointed we can get through Jogoya for the whole day not even fax, it is either in ringin tone (none pick up) nor engage tone for the WHOLE DAY!! We have been callin for more than 100x in total. WTF for a (5)stars restaurant, the service is terrible & horrible!!

Without any choice, I decide to reach there earlier (cant work out my time goin there in the afternoon) By the time I reached (6pm), there are already some small crowd outside, so I ask the receptionist by giving my booking numbers. To my disappointment again, she can't provide me extra 4pax seat, I scold her saying that I was callin the whole day buy no ppl answer the call, she ask her supervisor, but with no luck as it is fully booked & apologies. Myself, Cho, Joh, Jus & Col were already there, Col sis & 2 of his friends are on the way from KLIA.

We "bargain" with the supervisor, in the end he can only let us have 5pax max. Conclusion, me, Col, Col's sis & Col's friend+1 will be dining in Jogoya. Cho they all will be eatin elsewhere and go for a movie (Chon & Jus dine in Jogoya last month) we were so sorry to to them but there r nth more we can do beside apologize. Luckily they are all good person and very consideration, they know they should have confirm with me on Sunday when I make the reservation. And we learn a lesson to always make extra reservation just in case.

With 50% off the price was not cheap either (RM88 - 50%) + 8.80 (service charge 10%) + 4.4 (tax 5%) = RM 57.20 each person but at least better than RM 100+ for just a buffet dinner :p I just notice that their service charge 10% was based on price b4 discount NOT after discount o.O WTF

We went in around 6:50pm (approx 2 hours time limit, until 9pm) Col's friend (Col's sis x-Colleague) came in 30min later with another friend & keep on sayin is it look like pasar (market). The best part is he never leave his seat, only his friend bring him food & drinks o.O Just b'coz Col wanted to give surprise to his sis, If not I would prefer Cho they all joinin, at least I wont need to hear ppl sayin it's like pasar & so cheap. U r rich "maybe", maybe you can eat when there r no promotion & let others who are in the middle class enjoy it.

Back to the food in Jogoya, it's is below expectation. There are lots of seafood & sushi to choose from & some other "normal" dishes. I eat lot of clamps and scallops in different cooking style, tasted not bad. The snail taste terrible & it is so hard to suck/pick the flesh out. The oyster is not as fresh as I expected, it lack of the "freshness" almost tasteless, but I ate 10pcs :p. The salmon was ok only, the best food was the squid deep fried with salted egg XD Col seem like the fish in a stick (with all eggs in it) so much (dunno wat it called)

The service is not good as we have finished our food leavin the empty dirty plate on table & go grab more food, but when we are back those plates was still on the table uncollected. We have ask them to clean the table, isn't it obvious the food was consumed leavin only those bone & shell on it? Those waitress just walk by as everything was invisible to them. Hey, you got pay to collect the plate & we paid our service charge!!

With the YTL Platinum member card I borrow from Cho, we can order one of the "special" food (Australian's Crab, Tiramisu Cake, Lobster, etc) We order the Australian's Crab since I cant eat prawn/lobster (allergic to it, crab still ok but cant consume much) The flesh was so delicious, we share it & I let Col eat most of it :)

Col did order few plate of food, by putting clip (with table numbers) on a bow in front the display food. Roasted clamp, asparagus and steam fish. The foods arrived to our table was so slow approx 30min later, we though they forgotten about it. They only give 4 clamps, the asparagus was small plate too (maybe they though it was only for 1pax consume) but it taste bitter, beside that the fish is over cooked -_-"

The drinks r limited choice too, only Fresh Coconut, no other fresh juice (there were fresh juice last time as told by Col), only juice, lots of tea bag favor too choose from (Col's sis saw pplss takin lot of tea bags, guess they gonna but in bag & take it home) & few wine too, too bad I don't drink wine.

For the dessert part, the mix fruits in syrup was gone quick, luckily they refill it quick fast too. They din't provide nate de coco in syrup as old time. The chinese herbal pudding (Guai Ling Go) was a bit too bitter but the honey was so sweetening -_-" The mochi (highly recommend by Col's friend) was so so only, maybe I'm filled. I miss out the Tiramisu cake :(

Haagen-Dazs ice-cream was always in queue from the beginning. But I manage to grab those ice cream 3x XD I don't just wait till the end only queue up & get the ice-cream. I grab it which ever I pass by where the queue was short. It hard to get the scope as the ice-cream was "hard", that y the queue is long. Beside they r out of ice-cream bow & spoon most of the time, ppl just use plate. They have limited favor (Rum-Raisin, Raspberry, Chocolate, Tiramisu, O-real, Mango, Vanilla, etc)  I like the Rum-Raisin and Raspberry favor. The Mango inside the Mango favor ice-cream was taste less ?_?

We eat till so full, will vomit if goin for more food :p and gone off around 9.15pm, I only give 4stars for the foods but 2 stars for the service. I went for a bath at cali while waitin Cho they all finished their movie. The movie was really short, only 1hour+

No comments: